Why become a member? ×

How to adjust Warwick nut?!

pbaleiras

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Hi...[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]so it is ....[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]I'll change the strings of my Fortress One... so, i need to know how to adjust this nut... but i never seen any well, ie with "tune" each individual string...[/size][/font][/color]

[url="http://forum.warwick.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=16156&d=1365714462"]http://forum.warwick.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=16156&d=1365714462&thumb=1[/url]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]And since we're talking about setup... how I adjust this bridge to lower the action?!?[/size][/font][/color]

[url="http://forum.warwick.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=16157&d=1365714753"]http://forum.warwick.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=16157&d=1365714753&thumb=1[/url]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]I hope you can help me....[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Cheers![/size][/font][/color]

You may not need to adjust the nut. I'd put the new strings on, and then see if you need to or not. If you then need some help, then you'll need to tell us if its the Just-a-nut 1 (with a threaded saddle for each string), or the Just-a-nut 3 (with just an Allen bolt on either side of the nut).

I can't remember exactly how to adjust the Warwick bridge, but on their forum there are some stickys that tell you everything you need to know. And on their main website I think you can find the manual that also tells you how to do this.

The nut adjustment is simply a case of removing the strings from the slots and using a suitable screwdriver; screw in/out the individual saddle/grub screws. As to how much this needs to be done is simply trial and error based upon your preference and playing style. I tend to screw them in until the string is just about touching the first fret and then simply unscrew it a 180 degree turn until it sits where it feels good and suits your playing style/tecnique.

The bridge seems complicated but basically unlock the little locking grub screws that hold the individual saddles in place then adjust those to each other and to match the fingerboard radius; again for me it is a case of getting the E and G strings so that the height adjustment has them just pushing off the 'bed' then the A and D need to be a little higher BUT ensure that you have your intonation adjustment in the ball park (which is the G string being the most extended and then tapering back to the E string being the longest... I realise that is simply a generic setting but it means less adjustments later). When you have a basic camber/height/intonation setting you can use the overall height adjustment of the bridge (two centre hex bolts lock the assembly so slacken those right off until finished). Adjust the 4 long recessed grub screws to set an overall height, which is likely going to need a bit more height on the bass side than the treble. When you have that done lock the bridge down with the centre bolts... Oh and have you remembered to lock the individual string saddles?

LOL sounds complex but isn't and makes for very adaptable set-ups. ;)