Why become a member? ×

****FENDER JAZZ BASS 1962 PRE CBS.**** SOLD****
£6500

brutalbass

Thank you all for your feedback. Especially Richard ([color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Rick's Fine '52)[/b][/size][/font][/color], who is a very knowledgeable person in the world vintage. It is a pleasure to find people like that.
The jazz bass of '62 is no place on Fender's most wanted and most requested by the musicians, and it is true that you have a general tone that is unique.
The nicest part is the touch, and all the sensations that gives, is unique.
But my dream is to always have one of the '60, with stack control knobs, maybe it's better or not, this is to see it and try it for yourself. In this vintage world is useless to tell you things are experiences that have to be lived in the first person, and I want to see it and be able to prove myself and to compare a '62 and a 60/61, then I'll be able to decide for my which definitely stay same.

Thank you very much to everyone involved and made ​​all private messages. We are all answered and wrote in public, now comes a man from France (Toulouse) and see and try the Fender, so I will comment and if you buy it or not.
This I say so, because I have many interested with their respective offers, but I am committed to await this man making a sacrifice really important, and if you come home from so far away, we really are interested in this instrument.
So now I will comment if still for sale or already have it.

Greetings all, and excuse my bad English, really :blush:

[quote name='rodney72a' timestamp='1365553470' post='2041137']
Rick, is there a search engine for this kind of data? ;-)
[/quote]

Not to my knowledge, although I'm not very techy.....i just use my contacts, which i've built up over many years, and the usual sources, such as gbase (There's 6 stackers on gbase right now). I'm actually looking for a '61-'62 Jazz, and put the word out, so i get quite a few emails from folk, mainly in the US, with stuff thats available, and there are far more stacks than 3-knobs out there. Rick.

Here's a 3-knob (albeit slab). The one advertised on here is MUCH nicer...and much cheaper though, and hopefully this link will add to the good value [i]this[/i] '62 is. I don't think this '62 will be available for long.

[url="http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/bass/fender/jazz-bass/fender-jazz-bass-three-tone-sunburst-1961/"]http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/bass/fender/jazz-bass/fender-jazz-bass-three-tone-sunburst-1961/[/url]

I think the price on that '61 is a little high, given the front paint damage and re-located thumbrest though. Rare nonetheless.

[quote name='brutalbass' timestamp='1365561057' post='2041148']
Thank you all for your feedback. Especially Richard ([color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Rick's Fine '52)[/b][/size][/font][/color], who is a very knowledgeable person in the world vintage. It is a pleasure to find people like that.
The jazz bass of '62 is no place on Fender's most wanted and most requested by the musicians, and it is true that you have a general tone that is unique.
The nicest part is the touch, and all the sensations that gives, is unique.
But my dream is to always have one of the '60, with stack control knobs, maybe it's better or not, this is to see it and try it for yourself. In this vintage world is useless to tell you things are experiences that have to be lived in the first person, and I want to see it and be able to prove myself and to compare a '62 and a 60/61, then I'll be able to decide for my which definitely stay same.

Thank you very much to everyone involved and made ​​all private messages. We are all answered and wrote in public, now comes a man from France (Toulouse) and see and try the Fender, so I will comment and if you buy it or not.
This I say so, because I have many interested with their respective offers, but I am committed to await this man making a sacrifice really important, and if you come home from so far away, we really are interested in this instrument.
So now I will comment if still for sale or already have it.

Greetings all, and excuse my bad English, really :blush:
[/quote]

Always a pleasure Max, hope your man from Toulouse buys it, and you get the sale you want! Its a ridiculously fine bass.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1365595491' post='2041501']
[url="http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/bass/fender/jazz-bass/fender-jazz-bass-three-tone-sunburst-1961/"]http://www.chicagomu...-sunburst-1961/[/url]

I think the price on that '61 is a little high, given the front paint damage and re-located thumbrest though. Rare nonetheless.
[/quote]
I wouldn't give nine for that never mind nineteen.

Carry on.