Why become a member? ×

Now i'm ticked off...

[quote name='16Again' post='207874' date='May 28 2008, 10:35 AM']i tried spinning my bass around my head years ago before i had the sense to put strap locks on it...........and it flew off and smashed my bedroom window, oops, my mum wasnt too happy :)[/quote]
LMAO!

Also i put dunlop straplocks on my basses, i don't throw them round much but i can't say i trust those sh*tty plastic ones as far as i can throw them.

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='207996' date='May 28 2008, 01:01 PM']And you do this at band practice why may i ask??
Fair game at a show, but at practices?? come on!
Blend into the background at band practice?? its not asif theres gonna be alot of you is there?
If i was you i'd put more energy into writing at practice rather than dancing around like a lunatic :)

just my 2cents worth.

-Jake[/quote]
Some people just get into the moment :huh:

I normally use the plastic straplocks for gigs, and never had a problem, but don't bother for rehearsal as I don't move around anywhere near as much.

Until last week however, when my Jag magically jumped off me and face down onto my pedals. Never mind, only 3 chunks of wood out of the front and 1 broken switch!

locks at rehearsal as well from now on

hmmm could you believe that i was playing a really small christian gig and... my guitar fell off. i wasnt even frekin moving.. what is it. good thing my guitar is a beast. a very cheap inexpensive beast that is build like a concrete brick. wooot i picked it up and started playing. wasnt that embarising i know everyone there... so yeah hate when that happens but my bass is a concrete brick so no damage. I LOVE CONCRETE BRICKS

I've had strap locks (a mix of Grolsh, plastic and Schallers) on my basses and guitars since I was first in a band.

The only time I had bass fall off happened when I first got my Streamer Std and hadn't got round to putting the strap locks on. I was playing a gig at The Casbah in Sheffield and the strap came off at the bottom strap button. I actually managed to drop to my knees and keep playing without missing a note (it wasn't that difficult a bassline). The rest of the band just thought I was 'getting into it'!

[quote name='Doc B' post='208874' date='May 29 2008, 02:02 PM']I've had strap locks (a mix of Grolsh, plastic and Schallers) on my basses and guitars since I was first in a band.

The only time I had bass fall off happened when I first got my Streamer Std and hadn't got round to putting the strap locks on. I was playing a gig at The Casbah in Sheffield and the strap came off at the bottom strap button. I actually managed to drop to my knees and keep playing without missing a note (it wasn't that difficult a bassline). The rest of the band just thought I was 'getting into it'![/quote]

whats it like to play in Cas???