Why become a member? ×

Why does 'cloud flare ' interrupt my browsing on Basschat?

[quote name='Mr H' timestamp='1364491968' post='2027272']
[url="http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/shortcuts/2013/mar/28/spamhaus-internet-attack-pr-stunt"]http://www.guardian....attack-pr-stunt[/url]

try not to get mad, but maybe they were just teasing!
[/quote]

I love reading stuff like that from self proclaimed experts, there's always a conspiracy going on somewhere. :ph34r:

It was a botched attack by a currently unconfirmed group.

Instead of just calling it a day and going back to their favourite daydreams (moving out of their Mums house and having sex with a fashion model), they decided to just blat anything they could find.

Three IXPs in London, Frankfurt and Amsterdam were attacked in a vaguely successful manner and caused some disruption for a day or three.

CloudFlare may have capitalised on what happened, I can't blame them for that, but from the albeit patchy evidence I've seen so far, they certainly didn't cause it. :)

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1364479504' post='2027038']
Now that BassChat has become a monstrous, corporate machine designed to funnel the little peoples' hard-earned cash into Ped and Kiwi's bulging wallets, I think it is entirely disgraceful that they haven't set up a phone-tree.

And if such an inititititiative - like so many other recent 'enhancements' - is (as I suspect) beyond their pathetic technical capabilities, they could have at least organised for someone to pop round to our houses and tell each of us in person.

Don't tell me they can't afford it. :angry:
[/quote]

We trialled one in the Top Secret BassChat Weapons Research Laboratory (code named pedshed), but we forgot the number... :(