Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Arcangeli fretless lined, zebrano/rosewood, audere pre
£400

juliusmonk

For sale only this lovely 4-string jazz-type fretless I recently got from a fellow basschatter. It is actually quite stunning in person, body and neck are zebrano, with brazilian rosewood for the lined fingerboard. The bridge is Badass II, the pre is an Audere JZ3. Finish is natural.

Mint condition. Comes with a Gator hard case - pretty battered, but functional.

The original thread is here:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/191659-for-sale-arcangeli-fretless-jazz-price-drop-sold/page__hl__arcangeli"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/191659-for-sale-arcangeli-fretless-jazz-price-drop-sold/page__hl__arcangeli[/url]

The bass is very comfortable, harmonics pop up easily and it has a nice dose of mwah. The neck PU is very authoritative, the bridge PU very jaco-esque as one could expect. The bass is very responsive to playing dinamics. The hardware feels solid all around. The tone is rather woody, although via the Audere pre it is easy to give it an edge. The controls are vol, bal, hi, mid and lo, with a 3-pos 'Z-mode switch' that allows to make the overall tone rounder, more aggressive, or leave it flat. The action is low.

It has been my first fretless, and frankly I adapted almost instantly, to my surprise - so it has encouraged me to rapidly dig deeper (which I guess speaks for the instrument itself), try percussive techniques, etc. I have now pulled the trigger for a Zon Sonus, with which I will be able to slap without fear of damaging the fingerboard... :) So sadly this needs to go before I feel attached to it.

The only things a prospective owner may care about are: 1) the back cover is not matched to the wood grain; 2) the neck plate is a Fender one; 3) the PUs origin is unknown. None of that actually bothers me, but worth mentioning.

No trades, sorry. Price is negotiable but excluding shipping. The bass is in Barcelona, Spain.

Updated pics and sound clips available on request.

Thanks!

Pics from previous owner (I hope you don't mind, Ryan!), the bass is exactly in the same condition:
[attachment=130721:IMG_0541.jpg][attachment=130722:IMG_0542.jpg][attachment=130723:IMG_0547-1.jpg][attachment=130724:IMG_0548-1.jpg]

Edited by juliusmonk

I should check the cost... Should be between 50£ and 80£. I sometimes go to London or Leicester, but nothing planned at the moment... No holiday in sunny Spain? :) pound is strong now...

Otherwise, I could accept 385£ shipping included.