Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN
£440

BigBassBob

Hi guys, up for sale is my Fender Mark Hoppus P-bass. It has an ash body with a rather tasty transparent surf green finish. This colour

I'm the original owner of this bass which I ordered through a local Fender dealer. When it arrived I decided to swap out the hardware for superior parts;[list]
[*]I changed the stock bridge for an American bridge to allow top-load stringing should it be required;
[*]I swapped the "Mark Hoppus" neckplate for a Fender F-stamp;
[*]swapped the lone volume pot for a stacked vol/tone with cloth wiring and an orange drop cap (also swapped out the stock Quarter Pounder for a Lindy Fralin);
[*]Put some Schaller strap locks on.
[/list]
The bass comes with the original hardware if you want the instrument stock, a vintage-style tweed hardcase, a Lindy Fralin pickup (for those of you who prefer a more traditional sound) and a worn-in pack of D'addario Chromes (flatwounds).

Pics below:

I've given the bass a good look-over and while it is virtually mint there is one small dink on the edge of the fingerboard just past the 3rd fret, bass side:

Price includes postage and packing. This is a somewhat reluctant sale but I'm in dire need of cash right now. Consequently, I'm not after trades (sorry guys!)

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
Bob.

Edited by BigBassBob

Wow what an interesting looking bass, im actually about to put a couple of instruments up for sale so I can buya p bass, and never considered one of these, I assume they are mexican made? I notice the pickup is further forward, so id imagine it sounds rather differenf to a standard p, is it a lot warmer/less punchy? Fantastic colour.
I think I really like this and great mods too - bump for a bargain id say :)

Hi guys,

Fortunately I was able to sell some gear locally so I've decided to withdraw this for the time being.

With regard to questions: yes, this is a MIM instrument but it certainly seems to be a better instrument that the previous incarnation of the Hoppus sig.

Having the D+G side of the pickup closer to the neck does provide a deeper tone with less punch. I'd say it takes a bit of punch out of fingerstyle playing but when you use a pick, the attack is still present due to the high treble of the Seymour Duncan and the tone is a little more complex than a standard P-bass.

Thanks for looking and thanks for your interest :)

Cheers,
Bob.