Why become a member? ×

zoot chaser

bigash

Never heard anything bad about Zoot basses, but a lot of ones that come up on here seem to be very heavy, thats probably down to the original customer spec. There was another thread about the Chaser not long ago so try a search for that. There is a Boudica 5 in for sale.

Hi

I have 3 Zoot's and they are great basses.

The heavy reputation comes from one bass which was a custom build for a player who specified a very heavy bass in the quest for great tone and sustain. While this was more or less achieved the bass was too heavy to gig regularly. It has therefore changed hands regularly.

The "standard" Chaser is made from swamp ash which is a light wood and the bass weighs in at a little under normal weight.

Mike Walsh will be at the London Guitar show sharing a stand with Basson. He will be showing a new range of super lightweight cabs. 2 of my basses will be there as will I on the Friday.

Nick

[quote name='Blink' date='May 31 2008, 06:09 PM' post='210200']
Hi

I have 3 Zoot's and they are great basses.

The heavy reputation comes from one bass which was a custom build for a player who specified a very heavy bass in the quest for great tone and sustain. While this was more or less achieved the bass was too heavy to gig regularly. It has therefore changed hands regularly.

The "standard" Chaser is made from swamp ash which is a light wood and the bass weighs in at a little under normal weight.

Mike Walsh will be at the London Guitar show sharing a stand with Basson. He will be showing a new range of super lightweight cabs. 2 of my basses will be there as will I on the Friday.

Nick
Thanks for all the advice i have just purchased a zoot chaser. All the info i could gather has been positive about zoot basses. Just waiting for it to arrive and see if it is correct. Cheers again.