Why become a member? ×

Fender Roscoe Beck 5 [SOLD]

mr_russ

Well I bought this for a really good price from a nice bloke on ebay about a month ago- I'd been after one for a good couple of years and this turned up only a couple of weeks after buying a Lakland DJ5- I thought sod it, I'll bid and ended up winning fully expecting to be shifting on either bass after a few practices and gigs.

Well I've pretty much decided, the DJ5 is the bass for me - and despite all the extra tones available on the RBV I still go for the single coil setting.

It has a great low B, loads of tones available- I do like the series bridge pickup setting very much. Chunkier neck than the lakland, although still really comfy even for a guy with small hands. It's light as well.

In order to get the action as low as I like it, quite a big setup and fret dress was required so it plays really well. It's in great condition, almost perfect despite a couple of minute and extremely shallow depressions in the neck right up near the joint, too small to photograph.

It comes with a Fender Deluxe tweed case as in the pics which is mint. Also has all the case candy and tags.

I'm waiting on a reply from someone who has first dibs but in case he doesn't want it- I thought I'd post it here-

Now I'll be perfectly honest, I bought this at what I consider to be a very good price- plus I've spent some money getting it to set up nice and low, so considering that and the current demand, scarcity and new price of these instruments- I'm after £825 cash or trade.

I'd be interested in a few of the following but am open to suggestions. I'm particularly looking for a nice precision, I might be willing to accept 2 basses in trade, 2 precisions or a p and a fretless j would be good.

Fender Precision of some description, MIJ or MIA.
Lakland Bob Glaub
G&L l2500
Lakland 55-02 (lakland electronics only)

possibly a lakland JO5

Edited by mr_russ

I've been keeping a bit of an eye out for one of these for years .
If I hadn't the other month picked up my custom classic v I would've had been onto this one. Great price too!

p.s that little rig looks like a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing
:)

Edited by NickThomas

[quote name='NickThomas' post='206721' date='May 26 2008, 06:47 PM']If I hadn't the other month picked up my custom classic v I would've had been onto this one. Great price too!
:)[/quote]
+1

Great basses these; mine is just about the best five string I've played! There are active basses around with more extreme tonal variation than the RBV, but for simplicity of use and classic P & J tones, these are absolutely brilliant IMO.

Good luck with the sale Russ...

[quote name='mr_russ' post='206679' date='May 26 2008, 05:28 PM']Well I bought this for a really good price from a nice bloke on ebay about a month ago[/quote]
Well that would be me then :) ...the single coil setting was pretty much my favourite,then kicking in the series setting for more humbucker punch..great bass
Good luck with sale Russ

Edited by bassmanady

[quote name='mr_russ' post='206724' date='May 26 2008, 06:51 PM']Heh he, that markbass cab is sodding great, I've had it for years- I'm adding a 1x15 so I can get the full whack out of the GK[/quote]
what happened to the Markbass 2x15? loved the look of that cab.

The 2x15 went back to the shop- it was incredible how much low end that thing spat out but it really needed a midrange driver in my opinion, it was only really apparent when in the mix.

Scrawntcher, I'll fire you off a pm in a wee bit.

R

Edited by mr_russ

I'm very much open to trades and part exchanges.

Warwick SS1 5 string
Stingray 5 - single pickup
Lakland 55-01/02
Lakland Bob Glaub
Lakland Joe Osborn 5
Fender Precision - CIJ, MIA, even a MIM if it's one of the 50's reissues

I'm really being quite open minded about this next move- 4 or 5 string basses.

I'm also after an intel mac mini at some point.

[quote name='mr_russ' post='210109' date='May 31 2008, 01:19 PM']I'm very much open to trades and part exchanges.

Warwick SS1 5 string
Stingray 5 - single pickup
Lakland 55-01/02
Lakland Bob Glaub
Lakland Joe Osborn 5
Fender Precision - CIJ, MIA, even a MIM if it's one of the 50's reissues

I'm really being quite open minded about this next move- 4 or 5 string basses.

I'm also after an intel mac mini at some point.[/quote]
Have sent PM

SOLD - Dodgy internet connection has prevented me updating this until now- bloody virgin media, it's been great apart from the last couple of weeks.

I still have a couple of pm's to reply to - I'll have to do this tonight.

Thanks for all the interest guys-

Russ