Why become a member? ×

Gone-Please remove
£700

Raslee

GONE

Recently got this lovely bass in a trade on here as i fancied trying some Spector love. It really is a beauty of a bass in every way except the active EMG sound is not really suiting me, i'm more of a passive old school kind of guy If honest. I have thought about perhaps kitting it out passively but it kind of seems a bit sacrilege considering how it is supposed to sound so therefore i am offering it for a trade to see if i can find anything more suitable to my needs, if not i will probably go the passive route.

[i][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]From previous owner: The Bass is in excellent condition, some very minor surface scratches on the body but these are almost impossible to photograph. I've took a pic of the lower strap pin since it has a small chip by it but from the photo, it's hard to see because this is quite small. Bass has just been set up with some new Dunlop strings and plays very well, a new 9V Duracell has just been put in too. The bass comes with a Hiscox hardcase which is also in great condition.[/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Just my addition to add, EMG's PJ, Spector Tonepump active circuit (no trim pot), Schaller tuners, very low action with no buzzes, stonking slap sound - quite 'hifi' and modern sounding, neck thru, brass nut, and quite possibly the most well built bass i have ever seen....quality is second to none![/size][/font][/i]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hope the previous owner doesn't mind me recycling his better pictures too:[/size][/font]

[attachment=129730:imag0329q.jpg][attachment=129731:imag0330j.jpg][attachment=129732:imag0331l.jpg][attachment=129733:imag0345.jpg]

[attachment=129736:imag0001g.jpg][attachment=129735:imag0342u.jpg]

Trade bait:

1) 5 string Jazz, prefrably passive with a good tight B string (i.e USA Fender, Lakland JO etc)...may instead swap my Lakland 5501, passive with Nordstrands for a 5 string jazz if anyone is interested ???
2) Musicman (the only actives i do get on with :ph34r:[size=4]) - Ideally an EB Sterling, or 4/5 EB StingRay[/size]
[size=4]3) May consider other 4 strings such as a decent US/Jap 75 reissue Jazz, possibly a Lakland Duck Dunn, or quirky old basses i.e. Ibanez Musician, old battered (but playable) Fenders etc[/size]
[size=4]4) Double bass set up for jazz with a low action 3/4 size...ready to gig[/size]

Colours/combinations and odd scratch or dinks not a worry :)

[size=4]Based in Plymouth, courier options [/size]OK[size=4], prefer to post in UK only :)[/size]

Edited by Rasta