Why become a member? ×

Audio interfaces

JamesBass

I'm after an 8 input audio interface, either bus or firewire, not too fussed. I've been recommended to take a look at any of Tascams offerings, they seem pretty good, only trouble is the one that fits my needs, US-800 seems to be missing from sale in the world! Are there any others for around the same price with the same portability and as good reviews? Oh I'm going into a 2012 MacBook Pro with Logic Pro, have mics and leads budgeted for also.

Thanks,

James

Edited by JamesBass

It's somewhat dependent on your budget, if you can you'll be wanting a FireWire interface. It'll keep your USBs free and FireWire tends to be a bit better for these kind of applications. I've always used Focusrite interfaces, which I've been very happy with. They make an interface with 8 preamps called the Saffire Pro 40 which I've owned in the past, I believe they come in around £400.

However as I said budget is probably going to be a factor, how much did you want to spend?

Also do you need 8 preamps and if so why?