Why become a member? ×

Back on the hunt

I'm back on the prowl for another cheap bass, due to an accident with an unstable stand, an even more unstable mother and a wall...

Long story, but basically my bass was knocked off it's stand and the scroll hit the wall, hard, by the look of it. It's damaged beyond repair.

I'm gutted, but have decided that as I liked playing it so much and my new band sort of expect me to play upright, that I'm after another.

If anyone has, or knows of a bass going cheap, you know where to find me....

I wasn't especially attached to it, it was a G4M that I'd only owned a few months, so most people would regard it as bass-shaped firewood.

When I said "damaged beyond repair" I should have said "beyond economical repair" As it only cost me £120 in the first place. I would imagine repairing the several cracks in the scroll and re-attaching it, would be a lot more than that! It just wasn't worth spending the money on, in my eyes.....

There are a couple of potential replacements out there, and I'm hoping to have a new bass within a short time.

I've also stripped the bass down and will be putting the parts on ebay (and here) to recoup some of the cost. The strings were D'Addario and cost about £120, I was told. I'll see what comes on the new bass and maybe swap them.

• 2 weeks later...