Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NOW SOLD: Hohner B Bass, black
£150

Paul S

I have a Hohner B Bass in black. You could consider this to be a headed version of 'the Jack' or a headed, full-bodied version of the B2A. These are active/passive basses with 2 pickups - controls are 2 x vol and 1 concentric bass/treble boost/cut. Switchable to passive via a toggle switch - red LED glows when active. Immense output, very loud bass. It has a through neck, 24 frets, 40mm wide at the nut. Bridge is the Steinberger licensed jobbie with the knurled adjusters (even though it has a head) and a drop D detuner. A surprising array of sounds are possible, including a decent woody P-bass tone. Weighs around 9lbs. Lovely to play, I gigged with it a couple of times and it cut through really nicely. But I have too many basses and this is the one that has to go.

Lovely thing, in really nice condition except
a/ the battery compartment lid is missing. It actually fits in really tight and hasn't moved since I put one in but, for neatness, I guess it might be better with one.
a/ the active/passive switch was starting to get a bit flaky. Basschatter jabba the gut was kind enough to send me a replacement from his bits draw, but when I opened her up to do the transplant I found a squirt of cleaner was all that was needed. But I will include the switch in case it is needed - JTG doesn't want it back.
So I have valued it accordingly. I reckon these are significantly better than most Squier basses, yet secondhand go for about the same.

I would like to trade it - anything like the following

J. East J. Retro
Sansamp Programable DI or VT Bass Deluxe
Electro-acoustic or acoustic guitar

But am open to sensible suggestions?

I would also sell it for £150 plus postage.
[attachment=129498:DSC_0036.jpg][attachment=129499:DSC_0033.jpg][attachment=129500:DSC_0028.jpg][attachment=129496:DSC_0047.jpg][attachment=129497:DSC_0042.jpg]

Edited by Paul S