Why become a member? ×

Warwick short scale bass satin finish passive

Butlerbass

Hi I'm new to this forum

Due to the birth of my son and the realisation that I cart have a music room in my house anymore :/ I've decided to sell a lot of my instruments I've cleared out a lot of stuff and with the money raised I decided I will get one bass.

I've looked at the warwick corvette shortscale bass can get it for about £500 from http://www.thomann.de/ I understand its a blind buy as its rocking horse poo in the uk apparently! there are just a few things I wanted everyone's opinion on:

- Anyone actually played this bass?and if you have what are your thoughts?
- active vs passive ?
- do you know anywhere in the uk that would order it in or should I just go with the website I've already found?

Thanks very much look forward to your thoughts!

Do you want short scale?

If not and a Warwick is your bag get down to second hand on this forum and check out the Made in Germany Warwicks available!

Second hand Warwick prices are silly right now, my German made Corvette cost me £400, less than a new Chinese RockBass.

Hi cheers has to be short scale I'm afraid been playing 34 scale for 10 years and I'm 5 foot nothing so would like something that's more comfortable but also has a high quality

Seems to be impossible to get a short scale in the uk little gutted I cart try before I buy because I don't know if I want passive or active

I guess the equipment would be the same If I just tried a warwick long scale in the shop right ?

It would be, I would 100% say head down to to for sale.

I mean this isn't a Warwick but look at the bargain to be had for a USA built bass over a Chinese RockBass.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/201280-gibson-sg-standard-bass-faded-finish/page__hl__short+scale__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/201280-gibson-sg-standard-bass-faded-finish/page__hl__short+scale__fromsearch__1[/url]

Thanks for that appriciate it I'm not really a fan of those basses tbf I was also debating getting a squire jaguar short scale but they don't have the same pups and electrics as the long scale models feels like they treat short scale players like beginners! Lol

I can return it ? Would I have to pay to ship it back to them I can live with paying to send it as long as its dosnt cost too much !

I just love the warwicks and I think a short scale would suit me perfect

On another note I noticed they make a medium scale 5 string in the corvette very temped but cannot find one anywhere to buy !?

I'm going for the passive version and if its not up to scratch could I upgrade the it at a later date ?

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1362653340' post='2002705']
It would be, I would 100% say head down to to for sale.

I mean this isn't a Warwick but look at the bargain to be had for a USA built bass over a Chinese RockBass.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/201280-gibson-sg-standard-bass-faded-finish/page__hl__short+scale__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]
[/quote]

Not that it's that style of bass anyway, but that neck humbucker means it's no 'slap machine'.

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1363258944' post='2010508']
Why exactly? Unless rules have recently been brought in by the gods of bass I am pretty sure you can play however you want on whatever bass you want.
[/quote]

I think it's more a question of room between the strings and the pickup to get underneath the strings, or whatever it is you crazy slappers want to do. Anyway, no-one said it wasn't allowed, I think the commentator was referring to the relative difficulty of achieving some slap bass on the SG. No need to be so defensive ;)

[quote name='Butlerbass' timestamp='1362666216' post='2003031']
Thanks for that appriciate it I'm not really a fan of those basses tbf I was also debating getting a squire jaguar short scale but they don't have the same pups and electrics as the long scale models feels like they treat short scale players like beginners! Lol
[/quote]

Try the Squier Jaguar before ruling it out. They're very well made basses, and the PJ combo would be dead easy to upgrade. The short-scale is passive, while the long-scale VMs are active, but there's no difference in pickups as far as I'm aware.