Why become a member? ×

Anybody played Rivington Hall Barn Bolton recently?

bassfunk

Hi Guys

As the header says, anyone played Rivington Hall Barn in Bolton recently? I've just spoken to the venue and they say they have a PA we can plug in to. But couldn't give me any kind of spec etc.

We hire in PA and a sound engineer for weddings, but if the PA there is decent maybe I can save some money on this gig and put it towards a lighting rig. I don't like using house PA without knowing the spec. But it's also going to be a really tight room change over so anything to save time will really help.

So in a nutshell, anybody played there recently and used the in house PA? Know what the spec is etc?

Thanks in advance

Pete

I've been there a few times when live music was on, but I'm afraid I can't help you on the PA front much as it looked different every time so I assumed the band brought their own. You could perhaps ask them to take a couple of pics of the equipment and send them to you.

Nice venue though.

I live around a mile away. If you can give me a few details of the event etc and any contact name(s) I'd be happy to pop in and ask for you.

Edited by ead

Hey ead

Thanks for your reply, I've spoken to our sound guy about this. It's not going to be much cheaper to hire an engineer etc. (we'd still need kit mics and lights that come with the PA) than to hire full PA as we get such a good deal. And as the set up is going to have to be mega fast he'd rather use his own gear as he knows it inside out, and he knows our 'sound' too.

I really appreciate your offer of going to check it out, but I'm going to err on the side of caution and take the full rig, it's somebody's wedding
after all. We're playing another wedding there in may so I'll check it out with the PA guy on Saturday and see if we can agree on something for that date if the in house stuff is any good.

It looks like a great venue, just had a full set up
and fret dress on my sandberg so I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks

Pete