Why become a member? ×

Bizarre Gear Stands - Help needed

mcgraham

I'm doing some work on my rig for a conference gig, and am trying to work out a system to provide me with flexible access to my Minitaur. Basically it's a microphone stand with the boom at full extension and a panel on the end for the Minitaur to sit on. When I want it, I swing the boom over my pedalboard and foot controller for easy tweaking, when I don't want it I just pivot it off to one side. Brilliant!

HOWEVER! Now I've started thinking about it, this also makes it mighty convenient for (e.g.) keyboards, computers, other devices, that as a guitarist or bassist you sometimes need unhindered access to, and other times it IS the thing causing the hindering. While the mic stand is strong enough/weighted right for a small module, it's not enough for all that other gear...

So, my question is, does anyone know if a stand exists that is a like a freestanding pillar with a pivotable boom arm capable of taking a reasonable amount of weight. Kind of like those computer display pivots you get for work.

Would LOVE to find out if this is possible, even if it's expensive, as it would make an exceptional live workstation for stuff I do.