Why become a member? ×

Unfair end of a deal!

dragan

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1361470932' post='1986288']
Some poor bugger is going to register as XXXXX and get all sorts of grief :lol:
[/quote]

"Honest darlin' - I was trying to download a video of a bass some bloke's selling & all I got was this stuff of Dutch couples doing naughty things".

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1361468289' post='1986211']
Take a pill mate.

I've already pointed out that 'IF' what you say is true and he had a full set of images of the bass with everything disclosed, no hidden surprises and he turned up with a grand after you'd gone to that trouble then he is bang out of order. However, I don't know you, the situation OR a Vox bass from Adam so how can I or anyone else wholeheartedly castigate this other guy and pat you on the back? I'm 90% certain that as this other guy is a newbie on here then he may well have dropped you in the shyte but I'm not about to start a witchhunt based upon your view of the situation.

However, had it been me I'd have done things differently. ;)
[/quote]

did I call for witchhunt? I begun thread with respect to BC and its members,and then just stating the facts,or as you call it "my view of situation". You wanna see actual e mails?
anyway, life goes on. hope moderator has no reason to edit my post now.

Surprised no-one's noted this

[quote name='dragan' timestamp='1361463000' post='1986085']
he went and [b]said that he can buy a new bass guitar for that money[/b], and he has 1000 euros (price were set for 3000) so if she wants to take that money.
[/quote]

Not something someone seriously interested in a vintage instrument should be caught saying, surely?

Sounds like a chancer to me, especially the attempt at haggling. I (like everyone) have played vintage basses in shops well out of my price range (£2k for a 72 tele on a student loan anyone?) but have always been totally honest about it from the start. Getting something sent across the globe to then turn down for very little reason, if indeed he was shown a comprehensive amount of photos etc is a joke.

I'd have had your mate try and get some cash out of him for the transport, proof of why deposits are handy. I've started doing that when it comes to buying and selling anything with decent value (like my last bike, went for £700 in the end) if someone's serious they won't mind giving you £100 or so, and if there's anything majorly wrong with it you withheld, they can then barter down or you can refund etc...

My 2p on the situation, very sorry to hear about it!

Edited by skoze