Why become a member? ×

Digitech XP-100

iamtheelvy

Hi guys,
anyone got experience with using one of these in a proper band setting? I've wanted to get a bass whammy for some time, but with the crazy prices they can go for I decided I'm not [u]that[/u] much of a Tool fan-boy, and stuck with the Whammy IV.

However, had a bad experience with an XP-100 with an Ebay purchase a while back. Won one for super-cheap price, which was awesome, but was underwhelmed by the tone of it compared to my Whammy IV. So, didn't really spend much time with it before selling it on.

Bad news was that the guy I sold it too immediately opened the thing up and found that whoever had owned it before had tried to re-wire the thing (?!?!), and complained back to me. Fortunately, it didn't go any further than that, but I don't feel that I really got the best demo of the pedal that I could have.

Anyone else got a better view on this pedal?

i think most people view them as inferior sounding to the WH1/2 and to the WH4 etc, the only cool thing i like about them is that they can setup with the software of all the other pedals in that series, and you can reboot it to each different one, so millions of settings.

if you're looking for a really versatile monophonic pitch shifter, i've found the line6 M5 (with external expresion) pedal to be the best for my needs (and very good value for money), you can dial in whatever shift settings you want, including the bass whammy setting that everyone goes gaga for!

i made a few different preset shift patches on my M5 and saved them one after another, i quickly got used to the patch changing on the unit, but always considered buying a tech21 midi mouse as an external preset switcher.

but it would just be another thing to bump up the cost