Why become a member? ×

SOLD, Thanks: Ibanez Gary Willis GWB35 5 string lined fretless with ramp, upgraded with Bartolini NTBT preamp

topo morto

Hello all,

Ibanez GWB35. A really easy to play fretless, a beginner should have no problem with it.

Upgraded with widely-recommended Bartolini NTBT preamp (I still have the original preamp, and black knobs if the gold are not your thing). volume contol pull/push switches between active/passive modes.

Currently strung with Labella deep talkin' flats, which I chose to give a punchy sound that could sit in any track while providing the expression only a fretless can. The flats are good to slide on for little inflections (or correcting tuning, in my case) or bigger slides. When strung with rounds the board gives you the more typical fretless sound with all the 'mwaah' you need.

Good condition, no issues. Has been owned by a couple of other BCers before me, and apparently well-looked-after by all of us... One small area of paint has somehow been shaved off on the bottom left corner, but it's not into the wood (see linked pics). Fretboard perfect for practical purposes - only the lightest of scratches on the fretboard from having been tried with rounds, discernible only by eye in the right light.

16.5mm string spacing
Scale 864mm/34"
Width at Nut 45mm
Thickness at 1st 19mm
Thickness at 12th 21mm
Radius 305mm

Given the preamp upgrade, hopefully a bargain at [color=#D3D3D3]£350 collected from Cambridge.[/color] SOLD
Happy to meet within reason (maybe incl. London?) or post too - postage via parcelforce within the UK is about £15 I think. I can put it in a gator semi hard bass case for £25 extra but it's not the best case for this particular bass as due to the longish upper horn, the strap buttons have to be taken off for it to fit in! It is a good case for a P bass or similar though.

As for trades - Interested in a quality passive short scale (mustang?) with whatever cash adjustment necessary, or if you are close enough to Cambridge to meet up, try me with any other interesting passive I guess - would have to be a good'un, easy to set up well and play just as this is! BTW I also have a Yamaha RBX375 I will probably sell soon that could go into any deal.

(the wiring isn't quite this messy - I separated the wires out a bit to show the pre!)

[size=5][b]More pics: [url="http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff414/topomorto/IbanezGWB35/"]http://s1234.photobu...to/IbanezGWB35/[/url][/b][/size]

Thanks and any questions, let me know!

Edited by topo morto