Why become a member? ×

FS Lakland Skyline 55-02 DLX NOW SOLD!!

d_g

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]So the time has come to move on my [b]Lakland Skyline 55-02 DLX[/b]. [/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]It has served me very well over the last couple of years, sounds absolutely brilliant and I'm looking to sell it for the same as I bought it for - [s][b]£775 £750[/b][/s][b] £700[/b][/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]It sounds great, and records really well too, to hear it have a listen [url="http://www.dangilesmusic.co.uk/Recordings.html"]here[/url] to the musical theatre one![/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]It really is a beautiful finish (The DLX in the title simply means it has the great quilted maple top.) It is near-perfect with a few tiny dinks here and there from general use but I had to go looking for them to find them. I tried to take photos of them but none would show up.

It has the 35" scale length and a great B string, made in 2002 so it has the Bartolini pickups and preamp which are brilliant. I had the volume push/pull pot replaced at Wunjo's in Denmark street a while ago - good as new now.[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]I am based in [b]South Bucks[/b] and [b]pickup[/b] would be ideal but am happy to [b]arrange meeting part way[/b] for petrol or I can get a quote for an [b]insured courier[/b]. I do have a really nice hard case for it in which I will throw in for the buyer.[/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=4]Any questions please get in touch, I really wouldn't sell this if I didn't have to![/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=4]Thanks[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=4]Dan[/size][/font]

[size=4][attachment=127949:3.JPG][/size]
[size=4][attachment=127950:2.JPG][/size]
[size=4][attachment=127951:1.JPG][/size]
[size=4][attachment=127952:4.JPG][/size]

Edited by d_g

I've got one of these and they're great instruments. The decider for me was the wide fingerboard (19mm spacing at the bridge and stays quite wide). This seems rare if you don't want to pay crazy money. Surprisingly similar in weight and feel to a TRB-5 which people may be more familiar with although a bit more 'toppy'. You can get a good twangy sound out of a 55-02. The passive/active switch is handy too.

Good luck with the sale!