Why become a member? ×

Emanuel Wilfer 3/4 gamba for sale - SOLD

Rabbie

It is with much sadness that I put up for sale my 1989 Emanuel Wilfer 3/4 gamba bass. An absolute modern gem of a carved bass suitable for orchestral and jazz pros alike and made exceedingly well in Germany. As the story goes, the old and praised "Juzek" basses were none other than Wilfer basses made in Germany and exported by Mr Juzek, but that's neither here nor there. This is a fabulous bass which you would get for around £5,500 new, but in this case it is all set up, bridge adjusters, sound post in optimal place and 24 years of playing to mature it. In saying that, this bass is in pristine condition, so it has not seen a lot of playing and it is just waiting for someone to leave their mark on it and really "open it up". I have to sell it because I need money for something else. BUT, this bass does not deserve to be let go for a disrespectful price, so I will accept offers around £3,500. Please get in touch with any queries. Thank you.

Edited by Rabbie

Forgot to say, the Wilfer at the moment is wearing gut strings and it sounds great. However, if you come to try it, and you are a steel strings player, I can change the strings to something more similar to what you like so you get the feel of it with the setup you are normally used to. Just contact me and I can try my best. Thank you.

Edited by Rabbie

By the way, I would accept a part exchange with a nice guitar, plus the rest of the money. I'm fussy about guitars so give me as much info as possible and I shall let you know whether it is something I could be interested in. Cheers.

Edited by Rabbie

• 2 weeks later...

Still for sale. Despite lots of interest, nobody serious yet. Of course £3,500 is hard to find nowadays, and Scotland is far for most. Still, when you think that you are getting a £5,000-£5,500 bass, the bargain becomes apparent. Lots of people in the gear section recommending that if you are lucky, you can get a second hand professional bass for the price of a beginner/student bass...well, this is it!
P.S. - open to trade-ins/part-exchange, just try me.
Thank you