Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Mi10 or Eden EX-112?

Ghost_Bass

Here's my doubt, i'm looking for a small, portable, good (doesn't have to be great) sounding cab. The idea is to have it at home for practise with the Shuttle and take it out on the ocasional jam. My main giging rig will still be the Thnderfunk+Super12T so i don't want to spend a lot of money.
Other issue is that i want this cab to be 4ohms so i can have a bit more headroom from the amp without clipping.

Before you start to torch me, i'm fully aware of the danger of using low power rating cabs with high power amps, i'm also very aware that the 900W stated by GB are a joke and i also know that a 4ohms cab won't pull twice the power from the amp. It's just a case of my having had and tried lots of gear and finding out that the Genz performs better with a 4ohm load.

I also intend for this to be a single cab solution, if i need more and bigger i'll just take the TF/S12 rig.

So the questions, wich cab do you think is more value for money? Who has/had one of these and what were your findings regarding it. I'm looking for a flat(ish) response from the cab but with enough b*lls to cope with a light playing drummer. I'm not thinking of ever using this without PA support.

Here are the links:
[url="http://www.dv247.com/guitars/ashdown-mi10-bass-guitar-speaker-cabinet--96831"]http://www.dv247.com/guitars/ashdown-mi10-bass-guitar-speaker-cabinet--96831[/url]
[url="http://www.thomann.de/pt/eden_ex112.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/pt/eden_ex112.htm[/url]

They're in the same price ballpark and i don't want to spend more than that on a new cab. If anyone has one of these cabs and is thinking about selling i will definetly be interested.

It's all for now, thank you
Marco

Never tried the Ashdown but I owned the Eden for a while - 4ohm version exactly the same as you're looking at - and used it with my Little Mark II as a home practice rig. It was a good, loud, clean sounding little cab and I only got rid of it to raise cash for a Barefaced Midget (my other cab is a S12, so I know where you're coming from), the rationale being that I didn't need that much power for playing in the house but I needed more power for my smallest gigs so the Eden didn't quite 'fit'. Nice little cab for the money, though. The only minor demerit for me was the lack of a speakon connector round the back; it's just a single recessed jack socket. No big deal, of course, I'd just have preferred a speakon.

[quote name='Ed_S' timestamp='1361005696' post='1979581']
Never tried the Ashdown but I owned the Eden for a while - 4ohm version exactly the same as you're looking at - and used it with my Little Mark II as a home practice rig. It was a good, loud, clean sounding little cab and I only got rid of it to raise cash for a Barefaced Midget (my other cab is a S12, so I know where you're coming from), the rationale being that I didn't need that much power for playing in the house but I needed more power for my smallest gigs so the Eden didn't quite 'fit'. Nice little cab for the money, though. The only minor demerit for me was the lack of a speakon connector round the back; it's just a single recessed jack socket. No big deal, of course, I'd just have preferred a speakon.
[/quote]

Thank you for sharing, i ended up biting the bullit and have a Ash on my way. I had the Midget and now own the S12T wich is used for giging, i've found "my sound" on Alex's cabs but another midget would be too much money invested to sit around at home. I also just sold two Eden D112XLT8N cabs so i'm aware of the brand's quality and type of sound. I decided to go for the Ashdown just to be able to try something diferent, if i decide that i don't like it i'll put it up for sale, at that price is not a big deal.