Why become a member? ×

ibanez sr1000 esm prestige, highly mod` midi bass. trades

adledman

i wanted a midi bass but found there was not anything that ticked the boxes for me so built my own froma standard bass.
heavily modified ibanez sr1000 esm bass. i had the work done on a new old stock prestige bass i imported from usa. the body has been
routed to allow extra batteries and midi circuit boards and has room for the add on piezo amp board but i never got round to adding that.
the original bridges were individual and routed into the body so that was over routed and a piece of wenge inserted to fill it then installed a
hipshot midi/piezo bridge and made the strings through the body. the rear pick up was moved back and the front was moved forward to allow a very large
ramp to be fitted. it is radiused perfectly to follow neck rad` and string heights.
there is extra space behind the ramp to allow for the piezo board and batteries and would cost around another £60-70 to buy i think.
the pick-ups are secured with captive nuts in the body and cap head bolts with springs instead of the orig` self tapping screws into the wood.
the ramp is also fitted that way and is fully adjustable height wise.
i have fitted a NOLL TCM 3P pre-amp which is stunning in quality and range. it has a sweeping EQ on the bass/mid and treble! it cost about £300 with the nobs.
the designer at noll kindly made me a diagram to allow the pre` to be switched on manually and i fitted a blue led to show when on. its one of the very best pre amps i have had on a bass and the range of sounds it staggering.
i had schaller lightweight tuners fitted and had the already ultra slim neck de-laquered and thinned down further and then polished with no finish added back on. its now the fastest thinnest neck you will find on a bass and is a dream to play.
the midi electrics need to be heard to be believed. with a roland vb-99 there is basically no lag like the old systems used to suffer with. sure there are loads of quite silly synth noises available on it but the main feature i was amazed by was the standard bass emulations.
it gave you the sound of practically all basses known to man and virtually identical sounds. its like having 50 basses in your arsenal but all played on the same one.
its nice to be able to play midi devices for writing and what not if you dont play keyboards like myslef.

i realise to some people it is a bass that has been severely modded but i never planned to sell so was no problem for me.
unfortunately poverty has raised its ugly head again so looking to trade down plus cash perhaps? i am not sure i will be able to face not having it after investing close to £1500 and a lot of effort in getting it to the perfect bass for me but i thought i would see whats about and if anyone is interested as i am skint and no longer have the vb-99.

ibanez sr1000 esm.
noll TCM 3p pre amp.
schaller lightweight pegs.
hipshot piezo bridge.
ghost midi board. with own volume control.

this bass will either horrify you or get you excited. trade for 4 string only with cash my way.