Why become a member? ×

Who has the oldest Scavenger or Vulture I bass?

MEKer

I had a Washburn Scavenger which I think was a '79. Weighed a tonne - nearly 11lbs. No neck dive with a body that heavy. Maybe I am not a true connoisseur, or maybe I just have lower standards, but I would disagree with Mr Noel in as much as mine was better built than most Squiers (I would say any except my latest mid 80s MIJ one) and some Fenders I have played. A decent alternative to a P-Bass I would say, if you can handle the weight. Worth upgrading the electrics -I ended up putting a better pickup and a P-Retro - if it hadn't been so damned heavy I would still be using it out of preference now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Unless you are absolutely desperate for the money or the sapce the instrument takes up I really wouldn't bother. They go for peanuts - no-one wants or likes them. Mine was a timewarp beauty with almost no wear and I think I sold it for around £150. Imagine if it were a Fender in showroom condition of that age!