Why become a member? ×

Another newbie

aceuggy

Hello everyone, just a short introduction. My musical background is limited, way back in the 70's I played drums in a rock band, we did covers of the hits of the time then about ten years ago I took to playing the alto sax, but unfortunately the novelty wore off and it became a chore to pick the thing up and play, so I quit. About three months ago I decided that what really wanted to do was play the guitar and so found myself a local tutor, bought myself a Strat and started to play. Then about three weeks ago I decided that what I really, really wanted to do all the time was to play the bass, so I bought myself a Squier P bass and a Fender amp in one of those all in package deals you can get, couldn't really afford anything else after splashing out on the Strat. I've got a very understanding wife, but that would be pushing my luck. Fortunately my guitar tutor also teaches bass, so I've stayed with him and I'm enjoying my new bass. I know I'm going to wish I'd done this years ago! Glad I found this site and looking forward to picking your collective brains. :)

Edited by aceuggy