Why become a member? ×

Rickenfaker Scratchplate - Daft Question Alert

mrdreadful

So. Allparts do Rick bass scratchplates, and I have a Hondo II 'Faker that needs a new 'plate.

Apart from potentially filling and re-drilling of holes, which I'll have to do anyway, is there any reason that using a Rick 'plate won't work? I don't imagine the dimensions are that different, but obviously have no basis for comparison.

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1359560147' post='1956652']
I'm not sure the copies are that accuate. I have a Tokai one, the plate on it is a bit rough looking and I don't think its anything like the original plate. Also I cannot find anywhere that will do a truss rod cover :(
[/quote]

They're not, I had a plate made for my rockinbetter, to the size of a real Ric one, and I had to cut a bit off to make it fit. it says Rickenbastard by the way. Jon (Bassassin) made it for me before he stopped hanging around here. There are people out there who can make them for you, ask around,
Oh, and I painted my Pickguard black rather than go through all the crap of trying to find a new one that fitted.
I would suggest you do a tracing of the old one, and give it to Bass Doc, he can probably sort you out.
:)

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1359561301' post='1956680']
They're not, I had a plate made for my rockinbetter, to the size of a real Ric one, and I had to cut a bit off to make it fit. it says Rickenbastard by the way. Jon (Bassassin) made it for me before he stopped hanging around here. There are people out there who can make them for you, ask around,
Oh, and I painted my Pickguard black rather than go through all the crap of trying to find a new one that fitted.
I would suggest you do a tracing of the old one, and give it to Bass Doc, he can probably sort you out.
:)
[/quote]

Cheers Dave, I'll give Bass Doc a holler, although I don't think he's been around too much lately either.... :(