Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT3 PRO SOLD!!!!

bassintheface

All,
due to the recent purchase of an Aguilar Tone Hammer 500, for sale is my trusty 2005 Ampeg SVT3 Pro head.

I have owned this from new and have used it regularly since.
I bought it from Electromusic in Doncaster and it was £1100 at the time!

It's one of the (apparently more desirable) USA made ones (SLM electronics) rather than the current made in 'Vietnam ones' (LOUD technologies).

It's served me well on tours, album, radio and tv sessions and on all sorts of sized gigs with plenty of headroom to spare.

It comes with a live in Gator black ABS flightcase.
The key locks on the flightcase are now missing, but the side wing locks are all present and work correctly. Also, one of the side carry handles is missing.

There is a small scratch on the right handle on the front of the amp and the knob on the 'balanced out' level control is missing.

It had new preamp valves last year.

It's almost a 2 channel amp as there are 2 EQ stages - there's the standard 'rotary controlled EQ with bass, mid, treble, the Ampeg 5 way pre set voicing control and a hi and low 'boost' switch. There's also a 'bright' control for extra 'sparkle'.
In addition, there's a 9 band graphic EQ which can be switched on or off. it's also foot switchable to give you the 2 channels.
It also has a -15dB pad switch for active basses, a gain, master vol, a mute switch and a tube gain control.

It's a really versatile head and can cope well in all sorts of situations - thumpy jazz and Motown to proper loud with a bit of grit! I used it with a Stingray initially, then Jazzes and a P bass. It sounded great with them all. I also used a Sans Amp and VT bass depending on what I was doing.

I can't currently think of anything else!

[s][b]For sale at £500.00 or will consider a straight swap for a Fender Precision or Jazz bass - a nice CIJ or US only[/b].[/s]
[size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]SOLD!!![/b][/font][/size]

collected.Based in Wrexham, N Wales. I don't mind meeting within an hour of Wrexham for fuel. A family member regularly drives from Oxford to Wrexham so there's the possibility of the buyer collecting from North Oxford.

Any other questions, please PM me!
Follow the link below to photos as I couldn't get the uploaders to work on here.

Cheers,

Jamie

[url="http://s1341.beta.photobucket.com/user/bassintheface/library/"]http://s1341.beta.ph...heface/library/[/url]

Edited by bassintheface