Why become a member? ×

FS - Fender Precision USA 1995 SOLD!!!

lynxus69

For sale Fender Precision made in USA in 1995 (or early '96) with upgrades.
Strings through the body.
Color: Black Cherry Red, darker and metallic on the edges and a bit brighter and see through to the middle (but a little less contrast then my camera picked up)
Upgrades: BadAss III bridge, DiMarzio DP122 pickups, black scratchplate (original Fender)
Sale also includes original bridge, pups and white scratchplate. Also original hard case.

Condition: well...see the pics. There are few dents (mainly at the bottom back, one above the neck plate and small one on the back of the headstock) and a bit of buckle rush. There are to small dents on the bottom front, close to the pots, but except that bass looks [b]very good[/b] [b]from the front[/b]. I bought this bass in such condition already, so I didn't have to worry about removing my belt when I play.
People pay hundreds of pounds extra for "road worn" treatment. This one is genuine road worn ;)
Pics:
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/40700046@N03/8395713495/in/set-72157632560066717/lightbox/"]http://www.flickr.co...66717/lightbox/[/url]

Sound: Full Precision Thump, woody, nicely matured with great sustain.

Price: £570 with BadAss bridge or £530 without. I could also remove DiMarzio's (-£25). However.. the bridge is great and the pups even better (precise with nice growly mids, just perfect ;) ) , so I wouldn't recommend downgrading!

I'm based in London.

Already sold few items on BC (MM Stingray last week!), so check my feedbacks ;)

Edited by lynxus69

That is a great looking bass, and if I didnt have a 2003 one in Light blue, would have it. Its amazing that these fantastic sounding and playing basses can be had for such a low price, I know I thought about selling or trading mine but once I got it out of the case, photographed it with all the case candy etc just couldnt do it!!

[quote name='Bassman Rich' timestamp='1358697743' post='1943517']
That is a great looking bass, and if I didnt have a 2003 one in Light blue, would have it. Its amazing that these fantastic sounding and playing basses can be had for such a low price, I know I thought about selling or trading mine but once I got it out of the case, photographed it with all the case candy etc just couldnt do it!!
[/quote]
Thank you!
Price is low only 'cause of the damage (even though it's only cosmetic not structural!)

[quote name='Ashborygirl' timestamp='1358700047' post='1943578']
I actually don't mind the damage, it's all use not abuse. Reminds me of the Nate Mendel (sp?) signature bass, good price too.
[/quote]
Spot on my friend (about Foo Fighters comment)! Also pure accident. I didn't like white scratchplate, black looks more mean \m/ . Then BadAss bridge was absolute must have. Believe or not - initially I had put Seymour's on it (as Nate) but wasn't happy with the sound (you don't need extra bottom end on P bass) so then swapped them for DiMarzio's (which give nice midrange growl and more detail) and couldn't be more happy :)
I guess me and Nate have similar taste B) (I discovered his model just recently)
Also thanks for "it's all use not abuse" comment. All these dents were done by the previous owner (I did just the buckle rush) but I think too that guitars should be used not just polished ;)

Dear Basschaters!
Am I selling this bass too cheap? :facepalm:
It took me good 4 weeks to sell my Stingray in mint condition (2 price drops!).
And now after just one day I've got 3 comments and [b]5 [/b]buyers for this Precision! I'm shocked :o Thought the market was dead.

Anyway - [b]SALE PENDING![/b]

I'm sorry to disappoint all of you who missed it but it looks like the bass is going to [i]Richardd[/i] with whom I had pleasure to deal with previously. At least I know she'll go into good hands ;)