Why become a member? ×

electric bass guitar tutors in solihull area?

valentine

im looking for a tutor who can help me out with my washburn xb120,im currently getting lessons off one guy whos a family friend once a week for 10 pounds which is pretty good but he can only see me once a week as his a family man and has a buisness to run,im working at a beginners level with this

anyone out there or know of anyone,like competive rates would be good i had a look on google and saw the average price was 15/18 quid for 1 hour which is a fair bit more than what im paying now,i think id be after just 1 lesson to add to the lesson i already get on a wednesday, evening time ie after 7pm would be best also as i work etc etc

anyone who can helpy me out thanks!!

-rob-

[quote name='Machines' post='202170' date='May 19 2008, 02:53 PM']What are you looking to learn ?[/quote]

literally everything,been a beginner on this instrument there loads i need to learn,ie scales which im currently doing some work on right now with the dvd i purchased,my current tutor has me doing some basic riffs which has me useing all 4 chords to get all four of my fingers working which im now doing quite comfortably now,also useing finger exercises and just stuff like that,gone back to basics with this pretty much as my tutor said i was running before could walk kind of thing as i had already learned 3 songs by the time i had gone to see him,these were all 'hawthorne heights' songs which are mainly basic/intermediate songs and are good for beginners,plus we are covering one of there songs with the band me and my friends have set up, i use a pick/plec when i play also as useing my fingers feels weird for me right now,maybe in the future i'll refer back to that but in the mean time i think i need to learn all the different scales/patterns on my bass,and learn some riffs which i can practice in my own time to improve my tab/chord switching etc etc im also trying to learn right now all the different tabs as i was asked to play a A SHARP i think it was and i didn't even know where that was on my bass guitar as i only know the different strings GDAE and the numberings up the side,i know a bit on the octaves and the different powerchords etc etc,but im pretty sure everything ive just told you will give you a fair idea of the kind of level im working at and what i need to do step by step to improve myself as a bassist,im pretty good at mimicing orther peoples songs but my knowledge on the instrument needs some work so i can become a good player in my own right and not somebody elses right and the only way i can do this is to learn all the basics as ive obviously missed some out,ive been playing bass just over 3 weeks

-rob-