Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MTD Heir 5 string with more mods than I needed to do - Withdrawn

Owen

[s]I bought this here ages ago. LOVED the neck, LOVED the light weight. I am not Mr MM pickup. I took the original out and put a custom Bart in because it would cure my MM allergies. It did not. It is a better pickup no doubt, but still MMesque. I had another MM pickup lying around (SD MM drop in replacement). Obv, putting that in would make it better cos more is more, right Yngwie? [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHZ48AE3TOI[/media] Wrong!

So there I was with a bass that acoustically totally does it for me, but I cannot get the sound I want. Obv it needs a pre-amp. I put an Audere in it. Wow, it roared. Then I realised that I needed and East MM in there, so flogged the Audere and put an East in. Wrong. Flogged the East and bought a new Audere. Now it roars again, but try as I might I cannot love it and don't think I ever will. I now have WAY too many basses and need to shift some. I have the original pickup - truth be told the Bart is nice but does not actually fill the gap particularly well - so I will chuck that in as well. In the pics I will upload asap you will see that it is not a pristine as new model, but it is quite the player.

I am struggling to work out what to ask really. The hardware is worth quite a pretty penny, I would be happy enough to take that off and flog it and keep the neck and body and waste more money trying to get it "just so". So if anyone wants bits from it then give me a shout and I can see what happens.

Bass as is (without the Dtuner on the B ) £400 What was I thinking? £300

Either pickup £70 each. Audere - £100

It is all black.[/s]

Edited by owen