Why become a member? ×

Um, hello???

Subwoofer

I wouldn't have thought it would be so hard to find a Bassist in a city the size of London who's a) into the following kinds of music:

Stones, Faces, Muddy, Buddy, Jimi, Fela, Johnny Winter, Led Zep, ZZ Top, Cream, Jack White, Black Keys, Graveyard, Gov't Mule, Beatles, Parliament, Deep Purple, Allman Bros, Skynrd, Sabbath, Police, QOTSA, Nirvana, etc (i.e. 70's Hard Rock , Blues and Funk.)

b) Not currently in a band (or exclusively in one band, but hopefully not in 5 others either.)

c) Not looking for a a paid gig from the off, or to play covers...

Anyone out there fit the bill???

Saw your original ad, but as 10 out of the 23 bands really don't do anything for me I didn't think it worth a punt for fear of wasting everybody's time. Also, you didn't indicate [i]where[/i] in London... big place, some bits easier for me to get to than others.

Got a link to anything recorded - even a rehearsal rough? That's a better way of judging.

Pete.

As its original material (I assume as you said not covers) you might wanna trim down the influences list a bit - or better still post a link to what (aside from all those influences) your stuff is like. When I saw the list of influences I thought it was covers/pub band, when I saw unpaid as well I must confess I nearly closed the page completely until I saw not covers and realised what you were sayin :)

Also I know it seems daft but a good bass player, who is available to do unpaid gigs, playing stuff they've never heard of, who lives nearby, is all too rare these days! Drummers even more so!

I too could be interested but what area of London, it's somewhat large and does make a difference when it comes to regular rehearsals. I have some interest in about 10 of the mentioned bands.

How many are you at the moment, rough age group, how long have you been together ? etc..