Why become a member? ×

Spiros too short £130 wasted?

stingrayPete1977

I put 4/4 Weichs on my Stagg after a few discussions on TB - much better fit, and when set up for correct intonation the bridge was upright (wasn't able to with the stock strings) and the dots pretty much line up with the notes. The tension of the Weichs is lovely for me, but I'm used to fretless basses.

[quote name='ag42' timestamp='1358429283' post='1938945']
I put 4/4 Weichs on my Stagg after a few discussions on TB - much better fit, and when set up for correct intonation the bridge was upright (wasn't able to with the stock strings) and the dots pretty much line up with the notes. The tension of the Weichs is lovely for me, but I'm used to fretless basses.
[/quote]

With hindsight this would be my option, at last now in ten years time I will be able to fit the quarters again haha

Did you plump for the stand as well? Its pretty damn good. Very well built and stable and adjustable. Cant fault it. I got mine for about £35 last year. Dont fancy that tree trunk falling over :unsure: .

Also get down to Claires accessories and pick out a nice plain black girls hair clip thingy, take out the spring and glue some of that foam into it. Makes a very neat string mute :D

A

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1358457319' post='1939713']
I am looking for a drummer that wants to donate me an old snare stand :yarr:
[/quote]

Im sure someone used a modded one of those on here a while a go. Seem to remember it fell over. Just sayin...... :happy: ;)

A