Why become a member? ×

Simms - Watts PA 100

bobbass4k

Time to be a realist, and accept that I'm just not using this, and the money would be infinitely more useful.

I'll borrow my brothers camera soon to get some proper pictures but here's one I already have:

It's in excellent condition, cosmetically there's a slight chip in the channel 4 volume knob, and there's some dents in the top grille but consider it's probably over 40 years old it's in superb shape. Functionally, the grub screw in the channel 4 bass knob has snapped, and so the pot can't be adjusted properly. This is probably a very easy fix, but to be honest as channel 4 sounds the same as 2 and 3 it's never been necessary. The presence pot also has a slight crackle, again a touch of contact cleaner would probably fix this.

It still has the tubes that I got it from Tayste with, power section is Groove Tubes and preamp is a mix of Sovtek and Brimar I think, I can check if anyone wants to be sure. I haven't had the master volume above 3 since I got it and it's only had sporadic play for the last 18 months or so, always been properly warmed up and cooled down, just fired it up and it's running great. It's not a gritty tone, channels 2-4 give a lovely bright tone, while channel 1 is wired with different caps to give a great round smooth tone.

I'm after [b]£250, [/b]collection form York would be the preferred option. I am open to posting it, price would be up to you, however I'd be very hesitant to ship it without insurance. If you're interested in having it posted let me know and we can work something out.

At the moment I'm not looking to sell my cab on it's own, however if you wanted both we could work something out, it's an SWR Goliath 1 4x10.