Why become a member? ×

Making You Tube Videos

Wan

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1359415442' post='1954569']
Good stuff

My "day off"daytime lessons tomorrow (although it never ends up being a day off as such, working for myself) so I shall be mostly arseing around on the mac trying to get it sorted.
[/quote]

Try and set everything up tonight, it can sometimes take a while. You want to make sure you are recording in both programmes, and that they are working the way they should, so best to do a couple of test runs. I could make a video about editing if you like?

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1359415923' post='1954578']
Cool. I don't really know how to use iMovie, so I'm going mess about in there, help files etc. logic I am fine with.
[/quote]

Yeah, i don't know how to use Logic yet. iMovie is pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it, but i know that it can be a little bit tricky and frustrating trying to use it at first.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTj6CIQTpu4&list=UUt8reSvAC8U0aTPzhGFgZPw&index=1[/media]

Here is my first attempt at this.

I should have put audio fade in and out whilst the audio was still in logic, as I could not figure out how to do it along wiht the video in imovie.

Anyway, it is not posted to showcase the playing as it is a bit sloppy.

I recorded my MTD KZ4 (with upgraded Bart pups and pre - slight bias towards bridge pickup as you can tell) direct into a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, into Logic.

Video was shot using the Macbook Pro in built camera.

Thanks Milton for the pointers.

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1360064931' post='1964161']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTj6CIQTpu4&list=UUt8reSvAC8U0aTPzhGFgZPw&index=1[/media]

Here is my first attempt at this.

I should have put audio fade in and out whilst the audio was still in logic, as I could not figure out how to do it along wiht the video in imovie.

Video was shot using the Macbook Pro in built camera.

Thanks Milton for the pointers.
[/quote]

Great tone! Love it.

You fade the audio by hovering over the audio part below a clip, and 2 little tabs will appear at either end of the audio file, in the top corners. Just drag them in a bit. Alternatively, you can click the little gear, and go in to clip adjustments, and you can select the length of the fade there.

Good job! I use my built in camera for my videos too. But i'm going to get a little hand held camera soon hopefully.