Why become a member? ×

Fralin Jazz soundclips

hamfist

Just noodling around on a day off. I'm so impressed by my new CIJ Jazz with Fralins in, I thought I'd do a couple of soundclips for people who might be interested. These pickups are not boomy, and are not bright, but seem to put out a superb range of frequencies for the bass guitar. The midrange is just so perfect. I haven't got to play this with the band yet, but my suspicion is that it will fit in amazingly.
The first clip is the bridge pup with a hint of neck mixed in, and the 2nd is of the neck pup with a hint of bridge mixed in.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAWClzYm9Vg[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R_UpNey2RI&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Nice sounding Jazz Bass . There are so many great Jazz pickups on the market nowadays , and the Fralins are amongst the best , and to my ears sound very authentic to the classic Fender sound . Its all very well telling us about the pickup settings , but were these latest demos done with or without the dressing gown ?

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1357140998' post='1917998']
Nice sounding Jazz Bass . There are so many great Jazz pickups on the market nowadays , and the Fralins are amongst the best , and to my ears sound very authentic to the classic Fender sound . Its all very well telling us about the pickup settings , but were these latest demos done with or without the dressing gown ?
[/quote]

I'm afraid these were performed "sans vetements", hence only the still image of the bass on the video. The general public is not prepared for me in the altogether.