Why become a member? ×

Fretless Jazz (lined, coated board..looks rough, sounds great)

BassBod

This is a Bitser - Fender re-issue alder body, stripped almost back to wood, then given a rough nitro clear coat. Not flat sanded much..at all. Some sealer coat remains, so it has some colour variation (see photos). the neck plate has been recessed (not by me!) so there is an extra metal neck plate to fill the hole. Not a light body, but I've found it fine.

Neck is at least 15 years old, and a good quality Fender copy (from Brandoni). Rosewood board, de-fretted and inlaid with maple markers then given a super glue coating to protect from wear. Its a very thin layer, and adds an edge to the sound. Entire neck is oil finished and aged nicely. Gotoh reverse tuners, one has a slightly bent ear.

DiMarzio Model J's - humbuckers, with a warmer tone than single coils.

Comes in a new-ish Thomann fake leather gig bag.

The set up is fine - but it won't go super low. There is a slight ski-slope at the dusty end of the fingerboard which currently limits it to a medium action (I know that's a debate waiting to happen..but there you go!)

Sounds very very good as is, and is perfectly gig-able.

I'm asking £300 collected from Bristol/Bath area. Come and try it! If you've ever fancied a fretless this is a good way to try it out.

Edit - still can't get photos to load here, but very happy to email to anyone interested.

Really looking for a straight sale, (MOT and Tax due) but this is BassChat...so trade bait always an option!

BB

Edited by BassBod

Some interest so far, but still here. I've just found my radius blocks, so I'll have a proper look at the ski slope and re-surface the fingerboard after I've I've got it playing "like butta" as they say on Talk@ass....

Its now wearing a similar fretted neck (but with a nitro finish) in case that interests anyone!