Why become a member? ×

Zoom B3 v Line 6 M5 - zoom B9 instead?

tonyclaret

Hi, I currently have a line 6 M5 which I use every now and again mainly for chorus, phase and a bit of Octave. Don't like many of the overdrives and amp sims on there. The screen size is a bit small for my liking and not being able to engage more than one effect at a time is a bit of a limitation I suppose.

Just wondered how they compare. I have some great pedals on my board (Samsamp VT Bass deluxe, groove regulator G2, ebs multi comp, line 6 M5) times are a bit hard so thinking I may flog all or some of these if I can get thereabouts with the zoom b3. The only thing I use religiously is the multi comp and one or two settings on the VT.

Thoughts? Amp sims any good? Overdrive? Wahs and choruses any good. Not to hissy and digitalised?

Cheers T

Edited by tonyclaret

Hi mate,iv had my b3 for around a month now. My first multi effects,I mainly got it for the drum machine for practicing at home. I think its pretty good to be honest,don't get me wrong there are plenty of awful affects I can't imagine anyone using but there are also some really good ones. The best overdrive for me is the svt amp simulator,gives a real nice warmth and is fully adjustable thru the 3 or 4 pages you get with each effect. The chorus is another highlight,as is the 'bottom b' effect which gives a nice deep reggae sound. The patches are worth a go too,although there seems to be about 3 million of them,which ain't a bad thing I guess. Definatley worth the 130 i paid. Although I gigged it for the first time on Xmas eve and with my size 12 doc martens I had to be careful what I was pressing. Can't help you with comparing to the others you mentioned but I really do rate this if your a 'part time's effects user like me :-)

[quote name='clashcityrocker' timestamp='1356605069' post='1911494']
Hi mate,iv had my b3 for around a month now. My first multi effects,I mainly got it for the drum machine for practicing at home. I think its pretty good to be honest,don't get me wrong there are plenty of awful affects I can't imagine anyone using but there are also some really good ones. The best overdrive for me is the svt amp simulator,gives a real nice warmth and is fully adjustable thru the 3 or 4 pages you get with each effect. The chorus is another highlight,as is the 'bottom b' effect which gives a nice deep reggae sound. The patches are worth a go too,although there seems to be about 3 million of them,which ain't a bad thing I guess. Definatley worth the 130 i paid. Although I gigged it for the first time on Xmas eve and with my size 12 doc martens I had to be careful what I was pressing. Can't help you with comparing to the others you mentioned but I really do rate this if your a 'part time's effects user like me :-)
[/quote]

I was hoping you'd say that on the SVT. Yeah torn between the two really, new technology on the b3 I suppose. Thought I could ship a few pedals out if I could find a good Samsamp compromise with multi fx on board too.

Edited by tonyclaret