Why become a member? ×

Wiring new Dimarzio Ultra Jazz Pups

yepmop

[font=comic sans ms, cursive]Hi All[/font]

[font=comic sans ms, cursive]My wonderful Mother in law is bringing me a set up Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups from America for Xmas :)[/font]

[font=comic sans ms, cursive]I recently purchased a new harness from John (KiOgon) which vastly improved the sound of my Stock MIM pups but I find the bottom end a bit muddy for me hense trying the new Dimarzios.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms, cursive]My question is, is the below instruction correct (can't remember where i found it)? it sounds logical to me, but thought I'd seek expert advice, and yes my MIM Jazz has 2 different sized pups.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms, cursive][color=#0000ff]Take the black and white from the bridge pickup and solder them together, making sure you have a good joint, then insulate them.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms, cursive][color=#0000ff]Do the same with the neck pup. Do NOT connect these two pairs together.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms, cursive][color=#0000ff]Take the red from the bridge pup and connect it to the terminal where the white wire from the same pup used to be. Take the green wire from the bridge pup and connect it to the ground point where the black from the same pup used to be[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms, cursive][color=#0000ff]Take the red wire from the neck pup and connect it to the terminal where the white wire from the same pup used to be. Take the green wire from the neck pup and connect it to where the black wire from the same pup used to be.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms, cursive]Any help/advice much appreciated.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms, cursive]Cheers[/font]

[font=comic sans ms, cursive]Tony[/font]

I have an Ultrajazz in the bridge position of my custom fanned fret bass. Great pickup. Clarity. Punch. Drive. No noise. I think you will really enjoy them.

This should be in the instructions that accompany the pickups when you receive them:

[url="http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/ModelJ.pdf"]http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/ModelJ.pdf[/url]