Why become a member? ×

FS - EB MusicMan StingRay 4, 3EQ, Sunburst - SOLD!!!

lynxus69

I'm probably going to regret it but here's my beautiful EBMM StingRay for sale.
3 tone Sunburst (I think they call it Vintage Sunburst?) with RW fingerboard.
3 band EQ.
According to serial number database it's an early 2000.

Condition:
Bass is in [b]very good[/b] condition with just a few superficial hair thin buckle scratches at the back that you can only see against the light (no way for camera to catch it) and couple of tiny rushes right above the scratchplate (about 2mm by 10mm) which again can be only seen against the light from a close up.
Another thing is that some time ago I was trying to attach a thumb rest by supergluing it to the scratch plate (idiot :facepalm: ). It was a mistake and I removed it but some of the plastic is still attached to it, close to the pickup corner. If you're really anal you could buy a new scratch plate but I know you won't as it doesn't effect the playability and it's visible only on very close investigation.
All in all the bass looks like new at the first glance :)
Link to the pics:
[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/40700046@N03/sets/72157632260418529/show/[/media]

Sound:
100% StingRay, just like on the first album of Rage Against The Machine. Full, punchy, growly - you name it. Cuts through the mix like through a butter. You'll always hear yourself on stage.
I'm not sure is it up to the maturing of the wood or different way they make them new ones (I had try a couple last week) but they just don't sound or feel as good as mine.
Here is a clips:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-nBKOPWJw[/media]

I don't have the hard case anymore as I sold it foolishly with OLP bass that I previously own, so I would prefer cash on collection (from London E5) which would give you a chance to "try before you buy". Of course if you're i.e. in Scotland and you're dying to buy it I could try to find a box for it or buy the hard case.

[b]SOLD![/b]

I've already sold some gear on BC so please check my feedback

Edited by lynxus69