Why become a member? ×

TRADE: Sandberg Basic 4M in Natural For Warwick Thumb 4/Sterling/Modulus

Prime_BASS

This is for trade only and as a feeler, as I absolutely love this bass, and if I could afford to I would keep it no doubt but the nagging gas I have needs to be released.

So up we have my Sandberg basic in natural, with a single 'MM' style pickup in the sweetspot. It has one or two or three little bumps here and there as it has been used a hell of a lot by me(it has a wear mark near the pick where my thumb rubs) but it's not been treated badly and anything that shouldn't be there you still have to look very close to see it. Hardware is in great shape, only thing 'wrong' is a screw missing from the truss rod cap on the headstock.

It is setup as low as it'll allow at the bridge, but I'm sure it'll go lower with a tweak of the truss rod(I don't have the right size allen key) but it is fine as it is, really quiet low but still enough space to dig in hard.

It sounds exactly how you would think (like a stingray) only a little bit cleaner and an attack that reminds me of a Warwick Corvette $$. The circuitry is very clean and transparent and you can easily coax burping jazz or thumpy P-bass sounds out of it, if you wanted too of course.

The build quality is exceptional for this price point of bass, better than I'd dare say EBMM. Everything is very tight and even though I got it secondhand I couldn't fault anything.

Here is it in action:
[media]http://youtu.be/bVssp9UXZ9w[/media] Headphones required! please ignore my dodgy playing.

Will trade for:
Warwick Thumb 4 (BO or NT) plus a little cash.
EBMM Sterling 4/5.
Modulus Funk Unlimited/Flea Bass 4.

Will add £200 for the right thumb and upto £400 for the right Modulus.

[attachment=126676:Gedling-20130126-00825.jpg]
[attachment=126677:Gedling-20120526-00267.jpg]

Edited by Prime_BASS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If I hadn't made the switch to exclusively playing 5s, I would have kept this one for sure, it's a superb bass. I hope you get what you want and the new owner enjoys it as much as you and I have :D

Best of luck.