Why become a member? ×

Hartke 4.5XL For Sale!

misterook

Now then!

I'm taking the plunge and spending more than all my money on a brand spanking new Barefaced Super Twelve T, after a healthy amount of overtime at work! So the Hartke cab is up for grabs.

It's a beast. I bought it from the forums only about 5 months ago and replaced one of the drivers with a new one as it was beginning to clip.

What to tell you... It's in great condition, other than a little graze on the front grille. Sounds punchy, low, glassy, and plenty of mids (which I EQed out..!)

The main problem I had with this cab was the fact I have to park my car down a hill from where I live. A sack cart helped massively, but I still struggle - especially in the cold weather!!! Turns out I was a bit optimistic!

The new driver - I paid £90 from Hartke, and I bought the cab for the bargain price of £85.

I'd be really happy with offers around £150.

Nice festive pressie for someone?!

I'd recommend picking the cab up due to the size. I got it couriered when I bought it, which (a) cost a fortune and (B) probably helped the speaker fail. I really wouldn't recommend anyone going down that route. oh and (c) the courier nearly broke his back lifting it from the lorry by himself...!

Can provide better pics upon request!

Woody

• 2 weeks later...

Now then!

Sorry - I've not been on here over Christmas, so I've only just seen your posts!

Lifted straight from the Hartke website we have:

[list]
[*][i]"Expanded-Design" Tuned, Ported Cabinet[/i]
[*]Custom Hartke 5" Aluminum-Cone High-Frequency Driver
[*][i]Four Hartke XL 10" Aluminum-Cone Bass Drivers[/i]
[*]Power Handling: 400 Watts @ 8 Ohms
[*][i]Frequency Response: 30 Hz To 12 kHz[/i]
[*]Sensitivity: 99 dB @ 1 W/1 M
[*][i]Voice Coil: 1.5"[/i]
[*]Magnet Weight: 60 Oz.
[*][i]Parallel 1/4" Inputs[/i]
[*]Dimensions: 27"(H) X 24"(W) X 18"(D)
[*]Weight: 99 lb.
[/list]
Specs from me are - it goes real;y high and can handle subby lows - giving you that nice warm feeling in your belly! And It's quite heavy and loud!

I'm based in Leeds.

I do a lot of travelling with work and my band - so I'm happy to meet somewhere in the middle... I'm travelling down to london on the 19th Jan, and Loughborough sometime in Jan too...

Woody

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Is the cab still available?
I'll have it if it is....however I live in SW London. Leeds is a bit far (and with the added fuel cost I could pretty much order a new one).
If you're coming down south in the next month, I could meet you somewhere if you're up for the hassle and the £100 :-)

Thanks
M