Why become a member? ×

FS: MOTU Ultralite-mk3 Hybrid SOLD

Hey guys,

I am selling this superb audio interface as I just decided to upgrade to an RME one and am loathed to leave this wonderful unit languishing in a corner - it's just a few months old and has had very light home use so it's in mint condition, no scratches etc - and has all the original box, packaging, cables, power supply, software CD and instructions. It's a truly kick ass little box, ruggedly built and extremely high quality and more than adequate for 99% of your home or small studio needs - the I/O options are truly staggering and the QueMix software that comes with it is just awesome.

Loads more info on this here:

[url="http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/ultralite-mk3"]http://www.motu.com/...o/ultralite-mk3[/url]

[b]SOLD VIA AMAZON - PLEASE REMOVE...[/b]

Edited by urb

I'm still using the mk I version of the ultralite, something like 5 years old and still going strong. Always thought it was great and never seen much need to upgrade, they are a bit iffy with their windows drivers though. Do the newer ones support 24bit sound in windows? (it has always been in the driver, ie you can still use it in your DAW but windows is limited to 48/16). What are the advantages of the mk iii, is it worth the upgrade?

[quote name='untune' timestamp='1355229359' post='1895581']
I'm still using the mk I version of the ultralite, something like 5 years old and still going strong. Always thought it was great and never seen much need to upgrade, they are a bit iffy with their windows drivers though. Do the newer ones support 24bit sound in windows? (it has always been in the driver, ie you can still use it in your DAW but windows is limited to 48/16). What are the advantages of the mk iii, is it worth the upgrade?
[/quote]

TBH this was my first MOTU sound card and I haven't used the earlier ones - but it does have onboard DSP, EQs, Compressors etc. that don't bite into your system cpu, plus adjustable trim, onboard compressors. built in pre-amps, phantom power etc - it may well be a bit much for some but it is packed with features and like i say the built-in mixing software and the fact it can work as a standalone mixer/interface without the need for a DAW is all good. I wouldn't necessarily argue the case for an 'upgrade' to this but I definitely felt it was a step up from the Focusrite Saffire/Scarlett interfaces I tried before this one - I mainly got it for the amazing routing options it has.

re your Windows question here's what the official website says:

"The UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering."

I only use Macs now so again sorry I can't vouch for it in use with a PC but I've had no problems with it at all with my iMac and Mackbook Pro...

Hope that helps

Mike

PS if you register with the MOTU website you can download all of the latest drivers for free should you need them

Edited by urb