Why become a member? ×

Do you tell your work colleagues that you play bass?

mentalextra

In my old job as a waiter I had to tell them all I played bass so I could get out of the worst shifts so that I could gig and rehearse, was so delightful to just call someone and say look got a gig on Friday and I can't work my shift wanna take it/swap. They'd always do it which was great!

One evening I was chatting to a customer while taking a card payment which was taking a very long time, so he strikes up the conversation after noticing me tapping my foot and my fingers tapping along to the music, turns out the guy was the Manager of the Portsmouth Guildhall and offered me the chance to go backstage and see as many gigs as I please, ended up meeting Lemmy, who was unbelievably wasted! I'm surprised the guy was able to stand up he was that bad! Talking bass can get you somewhere you see guys and girls ;)

[quote name='WhoNeedsYou' timestamp='1363419325' post='2012438']
They all know I play (its in my cv) My boss plays piano to her rabbits just for pleasure when she's drinking wine of a night time.
She also can't comprehend how I can play an intrument & yet not read sheet music.
Yesterday we were so quiet in the shop she set about teaching me "all cows eat grass."
It will come in handy one day.
[/quote]

Classically trained no doubt. That's how she can't comprehend it.

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1363351821' post='2011627']
I think that's very funny. It would be even funnier if you let them listen to a HUGE band like Led Zep or The Beatles on your ipod and they thought it was you.
[/quote]

Yeah, they had no idea! It's not like Rage are an uncommon band. Killing in the name was a big hit, so i can't say there's much excuse for them not realising :D