Why become a member? ×

Made in Germany Double Bass

[left]Dont know a great deal about the bass to be honest. bought it about 6 years back now from the guy who played in a local Jazz band. As far as I know its a German factory bass (pre WW2) its full scale and the strings are flats that apparently cost him over £120 to buy.

There is a crack between the neck and the headstock that was already there when I bought it. the guy said it had been that way for years while he had it and hasn't effected the playability at all so didnt bother getting it fixed.[/left]

[left][color=#000000]As far as I can tell its a solid wood body, but as I said previousley I dont really know a great deal about DB. Prices I've beeen quoted for it vary between 600 - 900 so I'll aim for somwhere in the middle for the asking price of £700.

I may very well be way off with my estimation, as I said I dont know a great deal about DB and am just going off what I've been told.[/color][/left]

[left][color=#000000]Your more than welcome to come round have a play and see it for yourself. Just drop me a PM on here or you can email me at [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email][/color][/left]

Thanks for looking,

Lee

Edited by nipplebass

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1354886034' post='1891606']
To get a better idea of the scale, could you measure the length of the string from nut to bridge? Looks a handsome bass from what I can see. :)
[/quote]Yeah, I pm'd about that - it looks more like a 3/4 to me