Why become a member? ×

DIY RickoSound

Dont understand? You already have a ricky with a stereo output? So how is this different to using a stereo split lead like all other ric-o-sound users? All I can say is it will look sh*t, probably get broken and is 3 things to pull out not one. Ok its sheap but I would get OBBM to make me a proper lead.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='197459' date='May 12 2008, 08:16 PM']So how is this different to using a stereo split lead like all other ric-o-sound users?[/quote]

It's not, I just couldn't find one :) I just want to check that it is literally a stereo TRS jack to two mono TS jacks....

Any pointers to a cheap one gratefully recieved....

Used them on and off for many years. They last about 10 minutes and break. Got a bent one sitting in front of me - 90p in the market here, same as the Maplins one.

OBBM.

I didn't theink the Rick-o-sound was the stereo thing though - isn't is an electronics pre-amp sort of jobby? Stereo is just stereo wiring - unless someone with an actual Ricky wot knows these things can put me right....

[quote name='FJ1200' post='197482' date='May 12 2008, 08:30 PM']Used them on and off for many years. They last about 10 minutes and break. Got a bent one sitting in front of me - 90p in the market here, same as the Maplins one.

OBBM.

I didn't theink the Rick-o-sound was the stereo thing though - isn't is an electronics pre-amp sort of jobby? Stereo is just stereo wiring - unless someone with an actual Ricky wot knows these things can put me right....[/quote]

Rickosound is just an expensive box that does the same job, as i understand it. And I've just found one of these in the loft, which should do: [url="http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--HOSYPP117"]http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--HOSYPP117[/url] Once I know I'm going to use it I'll probably get a good one made, thanks for the suggestions.

Ric-o-sound is a stereo setup where the signal from each pickup can go to a seperate amp via a splitter or Y lead as in this thread. A longer Y cable made that can go from bass -> each amp having less contact points to break the signal would be best. A splitter or short Y obviously has to have a mono lead into each side.