Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger RB700 1x15" combo and 210 cab now *SOLD*

Kiwi

In view of a very heavy gigging schedule coming up over Summer, I'm going to get a light weight set-up based around my EBS Neo212 cab. Besides which I need space in my flat again so my GK RB700II combo AND GK 210RBH cab are up for sale.

The combo is rated at 380w at 8ohm and 460w at 4 ohm with an extension cab. It has been well gigged but never treated harshly or dropped because it gets loaded in while strapped to a tri-truck trolley. It's proven to be incredibly reliable. There are some scuffs on the plastic corners of the combo where its moved on the nylon carpet in the back of my car but otherwise the amp is in superb condition. The rubber wheels have lost their shells and run on the plastic wheels, this is a manufacturing defect and covered by the warranty. Let me know if you want replacement wheels (which are going to do the same anyway) and I'll contact GK. I fell in love with it after trying one borrowed for a gig a few years back. What I liked most about it was that the mids were very clear and easy to hear because the amp has very sound design principles which allow great versatility without things getting over complicated. The lows are huge and the separate tweeter volume and gives fantastic control over the attack, particularly if you're a pick player. It can easily compete with offerings from manufacturers at twice the price. This amp is great value for money.

As well as the huge amounts of clean power, the amp is also [i]designed[/i] to sound growly. There's boost control which creates a very mild overdrive in the lows and mids without losing crispness. So if you want a super clean and powerful sound with superb attack then this is the amp for you. Plus if you want more growl, just dial it in! :) I've also played gigs of up to 400 people and NEVER had a problem with being loud enough on stage. If they made a version in light weight spruce ply with neo cones, I would be keeping it.

If the sheer volume wasn't enough, the wedge shape makes it very easy to hear yourself on stage. The speaker is angled to point directly at your ears so no more situations where your knees get deafened!

Controls include:
DI level (plus ground lift and post/pre eq switch), input socket, -14dB pad switch, mute button, volume (aka gain), contour (mid scoop), presence (add hifi sparkle), treble, high mids (VERY useful), low mids (VERY useful), bass, boost (adds growl), tweeter volume, tweeter cut switch, woofer volume, woofer highs cut switch. As you can see, all the controls are very simple yet versatile and focussed on real world needs of the average gigging bassist.

You can plug normal cabs in the back of the combo as well but you won't be able to take advantage of the biamp facility that allows you to control tweeter volume. I've already sold one of these to Vipa who plays his Alembic Rogue 5 and Yamaha BBNE2 through it and he loves it. Biamping means you get TWO power amps in this combo. Did I mention value for money?

There's a review at Musicians Friend here:
[url="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=82026&src=3SOSWXXA"]http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?do...mp;src=3SOSWXXA[/url]

Apparently GK were the first to introduce biamping to bass amps!

£350 for the combo, no trades thanks, the buyer is welcome to collect or we can arrange to meet within 1 hour of London for petrol money. There's no realistic way these are going to ship economically, I'm afraid.