Why become a member? ×

not happy with my sound! Help!

highwayone

Hi highwayone hope thinks are going well , it sounds to me like the pickups on your bass are not installed properly too, your kit should be fine for the kind of sound you describe.
If you didn't have this problem with the p bass i bought off you then that pretty much confirms that the pickups are the issue, id try rewiring them or getting a shop to do it if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.

I put a set on my 77 Precision and a badass and felt they really made a positive difference. Chris b may be onto something there with a wireing fault. But I'm with 51m0n on these great pickups, post a pic of your amp EQ set up, try and scoop some upper mids with a gentle hump on your bass to low mids will sound fatter. Just make sure you dont make huge changes that cancel things out. But this could still be down to your bass, can you borrow one and try that through your rig.

[quote name='Tdw' timestamp='1354034219' post='1881208']
Hi highwayone hope thinks are going well , it sounds to me like the pickups on your bass are not installed properly too, your kit should be fine for the kind of sound you describe.
If you didn't have this problem with the p bass i bought off you then that pretty much confirms that the pickups are the issue, id try rewiring them or getting a shop to do it if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.
[/quote]

Hello mate,

The Fender you bought sounded great but I have a different head now(as the UV light on this one drew me in like a fly to an electric bug killer!) think I need to have more of a play with the EQ on the amp.