Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette Natural Ash 2006 Made In Germany - SOLD

Delberthot

[size=5][font=Times]Hi Folks,[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=Times]After a series of trades I've realised that the precision is the only one for me so I'm now offering this up for sale here.[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=Times]It features a swamp ash body with Ovangkol neck and wenge fretboard. eletronics are handled by 2 passive MEC Jazz pickups and it is fitted Warwick's branded chrome hardware.

This bass has been gigged over the years and is definitely not a "case queen" just there to look pretty in its case. It shows signs of wear over the last 6 years of its life which I will now describe:[/font][/size][list]
[*][size=5][font=Times]There is a scratch on the top of the headstock not visible when playing[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=Times]There are some marks on the top of the fretboard[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=Times]Due toWarwick's being natural wood and not painted, the area above mainly the neck pickup has picked up some dirt (probably off the strings themselves, you know dirt from strings onto fingers then rubbed onto the body during playing) Regular waxing has helped lift a lot of this out of the wood.[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=Times]The bass has Warwick straplocks fitted but I do not have the strap end. These can be picked up for around £10-13[/font][/size]
[/list]
[size=5][font=Times]I always try to describe everything best I can as I don't want anyone to buy anything from me and not receive exactly what I have described to them and shown through the photos.[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=Times]This bass, despite being passive has an amazing growl to the sound, you can also fit as set of flats to give you a nice smooth tone. [/font][/size]

[size=5][font=Times]I always regularly maintain my basses so I have recently:[/font][/size][list]
[*][size=5][font=Times]polished the frets[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=Times]applied wax weekly to the body[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=Times]used lemon oil to clean the fretboard[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=Times]lightly sanded the back of the neck with 000 grade steel wool to remove dirt and keep it smooth for fast playing[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=Times]cleaned the chrome hardware[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=Times]fitted a new set of my favourite Fender 7250 nickel plated strings[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=Times]set it up with medium low action[/font][/size]
[/list]
[size=5][font=Times]Setups are always very subjective - what I might class as low, you might find too low or too high so when you receive it, it might not be exactly how you like it but what will make it easier is that this bass comes with its User Kit.[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=Times]I've had a few Warwicks and this is the first one that still had its user kit intact. The kit includes the ID card that gives the specs, serial number (which is also on the back of the headstock) etc, truss rod tool, screwdriver and allen keys to adjust the bridge and the nut. It also includes some beeswax for maintaining the body. There's not a lot left but still enough for a few months.You can buy more and get yourself cloths for applying it from the Warwick shop.[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=Times]Anyway, enough prattling on from me. If you were to but this bass brand new it would cost you the best part of £1000 but it wouldn't be made in Germany, it would be made in Korea and it wouldn't come with a case it would come with a bag.[/font][/size]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=5]I'm looking for £450 posted to mainland UK[/size][/font]

Edited by Delberthot