Why become a member? ×

TRADED - '77 Fender Jazz Bass

alanbass1

[size=3][size=5]Got this from Si a few months back. It's an all original Jazz Bass from 1977 complete with original covers and original case. In great condition for it's age, some marks and dents but all honest wear on a well looked after bass. Weigh's in at 10lb and balances very nicely and is a great sounding and playing 70's jazz. I'm still looking for a great fretless bass so thought I would put this up to see if there is anything out there. My ideal would be a pre Ernie Ball Stingray but pretty much open minded.[/size][/size]

[size=3][size=5][/size][/size]

[size=3][size=5][/size][/size]

Edited by alanbass1

PMs replied to. There have been a number of questions regarding the pick up and neck routing. Neither of these routings are 'tight' but the neck is solidly anchored and doesn't move and the pickup routing for the neck pickup is hidden by the scratchplate. Reality is that many mid to late 70's Fender's were made like this, but the bass plays and sounds great.

Edited by alanbass1

You are not wrong there. This bass has 'that' 70's maple 'board Jazz Bass tone - despite some dodgy QC back them they still used good quality wood, typically two piece, and the necks are great. As I said, everything is solidly in place with no movements. If no trade offers for a fretless come up I might consider having a fretless neck made for it.

Edited by alanbass1

Hi Alan,
I haven't been playing any fretless in recent years so might be tempted to do a deal if you like the look of my P Bass fretless.
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/175011-1978-fender-precision-fretless/page__fromsearch__1