Why become a member? ×

Fender American Deluxe Jazz 5...

Russ

I came across a small music shop in Oxted today (lovely little town if you ever get the chance to go there... very quaint, and a little one-screen cinema where you still get usherettes with orange-rimmed torches who serve ice cream and Kia-Ora before the film starts :huh: ), and they had an interesting-looking Fender American Deluxe Jazz 5-string in the window. So, of course, I had to go and take a look. :)

Wow... just, wow. What a bass! The neck was a little on the chunky side, but it sounded amazing, even through the smallish combo I tried it through. Loads of tones, punchy as hell, versatile EQ, great feel... managed to get everything from Marcus-style slap heaven to the chunkiest pickstyle tone ever. I want one. :huh:

[quote name='Russ' post='20441' date='Jun 19 2007, 09:50 PM']I came across a small music shop in Oxted today (lovely little town if you ever get the chance to go there... very quaint, and a little one-screen cinema where you still get usherettes with orange-rimmed torches who serve ice cream and Kia-Ora before the film starts :huh: ), and they had an interesting-looking Fender American Deluxe Jazz 5-string in the window. So, of course, I had to go and take a look. :)

Wow... just, wow. What a bass! The neck was a little on the chunky side, but it sounded amazing, even through the smallish combo I tried it through. Loads of tones, punchy as hell, versatile EQ, great feel... managed to get everything from Marcus-style slap heaven to the chunkiest pickstyle tone ever. I want one. :huh:[/quote]
Heh, I have just had exactly the opposite experience with one. What neck did the one you tried have on it?

Mines a 4 stringer and a mildly old one (Prior to the noiseless pick-ups that is) and plays like a dream and sounds like a Jazz should do and it's able to get closer tot he Miller slap tone better than the sig series!

Edited by Josh