Why become a member? ×

The bassist from 'My Generation'

Danbass7

I went to see these guys about a week ago, they cover The Who (if the name wasnt too obvious) :)

The bassist was really tight and just generally impressive

Didnt know what to make of his orange Bongo though :huh:

Anyone else seen these guys before ?

Edited by Danbass7

I'm sure they used to be called Classic Rock UK and I seem to remember singing I Can't Explain with the singer somewhere once when they were on the same bill as my old band. I remember gassing to one of them for ages after the gig - I think it was the singer and he really does look like Daltrey. They used to do mainly stuff by The Who but also threw in some Free and Bad Company numbers. Very good entertainment and thoroughly nice chaps, I just wish I could remember more about it all.

I promised the guy I would go and see them at a gig but if you try to Google the old name, "Classic Rock UK" you've got no chance of finding them so I'm glad they've sorted that out.

I really like Bongos but can't see myself ever having one.

What's going on with the tape on the pick ups here...

Edited by Sean

[quote name='Sean' post='196566' date='May 11 2008, 04:20 PM']What's going on with the tape on the pick ups here...

[/quote]

Good question!

I'd love to see a Who tribute band, having seen the original band a few times and always feeling that my ears don't hurt as much as they should afterwards :)

• 2 months later...

[quote name='acidbass' post='196616' date='May 11 2008, 06:20 PM']Good question!

I'd love to see a Who tribute band, having seen the original band a few times and always feeling that my ears don't hurt as much as they should afterwards :)[/quote]

I think he might have those bits of tape to prevent earth buzz problems but saying that now he would have to have them at the top if he plays conventionally.

• 2 weeks later...